Landlord Insurance Qld

Commercial & Residential

Incidents can and do happen all over Australia on a daily basis and your asset is worth protecting properly. Landlords cover is available for theft, malicious damage or vandalism caused by a tenant and can also incorporate an optional Loss of rent coverage.

Building Cover

Most policies cover the main dwelling plus any other domestic use garage, outbuildings, walls, gates, fences, driveways, verandas, patios, in-ground swimming pools and any landlords fixtures and fittings such as stoves, built in air conditioning, kitchens, etc.. Ensure that your sum insured covers the cost of the current rebuilding value, plus costs associated with removal and dumping of the damaged property and any other professional costs associated with rebuilding.

Contents cover

Covering the cost of replacing furniture, carpets, curtains, internal blinds etc. Note that the definition of contents will change from policy to policy and some items may or may not be covered by the building section.

Damage or theft caused by tenants

Cover for your loss or damage to building and / or contents at the situation caused by a deliberate or intentional act by a tenant. This will generally include theft, malicious damage or vandalism.

Rent Default

If a tenant breaches their tenancy agreement, vacates the premises leaving it unfit for occupation, or is legally evicted from the situation, then cover is generally available under this type of extension.

Loss of Rent

When a building insured under a landlord’s policy is damaged following an event such as fire or storm and cannot be inhabited, then this extension will pay the amount insured for the weekly rent.

Legal Liability

This covers you should you be responsible for another person being injured or if they have any of their property damaged while on your property. It does NOT cover other people who work in or on your home, such as cleaners, gardeners, builders or plumbers.